Thursday, February 14, 2013

valentine poems. myra cohn livingston. (92)



in honor of valentine's day, i decided to
check out some v-day kids books. though i am not a huge fan of poetry, i decided to check out this book of poems.

and instead of getting sappy about my feelings on each poem, i decided to share the ones that made my heart smile, the ones that confused me, and one that creeped me out.

the heart smile-ers:



the cabbage analogy is super cute. i also love the play on heart. (cute pinterest type suggestion for next year, this poem with a packet of cabbage seeds! awwwwwww!)



maybe it's the fat kid in me but loving these foodie puns! if i ever elope, i want my bf to propose with this poem. lol



conversations hearts are my favorite, especially the yellow ones. my love is due to their cheekiness so i love the line "each one like a reckless wink".



at first i was like what? a poem about being out at sea?!?!? but then the story of the make out session with the octopi reminded me of one of my favorite
photos, well photographic collage, at the getty. it's by timothy hawkinson. it's an octopus and it's suction thingys are people's lips. the first time i saw it, i must admit i was tipsy (it was 'saturdays off the 405'), i was just in awe. it was like this great giant kiss. so this is what i pictured as i read this poem:



now for the headscratchers:



so not sure why hempseed would be helpful when finding a hubby. but his could just be due to the fact that in my old age, being a pothead is a total dealbreaker. (i explained my views on pot smokers in "i just want my pants back" via a "clueless" quote). i should google to see the reason for this tradition. i should also google to see what hempseed is exactly.



angry valentine was totally me in my early twenties. no wonder i was single cos i was crazy! just like this poem!

the creepier:



so before you get all awwwwww and gushy, let me repeat, in nine years, we'll be ninety-nine! so that is seriously creepy! i mean imagine spending your entire life with one person?!?!?! that is not romantic that is just sad! i mean who is making decisions like that had nine?!?!? i mean thank god i didn't end up with my fourth grade crush! i mean twenty-nine year old me is a mess when it comes to love! can you imagine nine year old me? i have no idea what love is. so yeah this poem is horrible!

there were other poems some that were just plain bad but gave you the creme de la creme. you're welcome and happy valentine's day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment