Tuesday, November 20, 2012

a book vending machine and "my ideal bookshelf".

i have often debated about whether i should post links to book-related things that i find. i decided not to because most of the time i would be posting links to flavorpill. (if you aren't on their mailing list you should join, they are a great source for neat stuff if you love books, art, music and film.) but . . .

my friend joann emailed me a link to an NPR article about the monkey paw's book vending machine! and it has to be shared. how cool, right?!?! i am a sucker for $1 book bins. so this is right up my alley. i also love the randomness of the books. you never know what you are going to get it! and i do agree this would be great for kids because it's almost like they are getting a toy. my brother will carry around a 25¢ vending machine toy like its gold, so i am sure the same would happen with a book. i would love to see this in bookstores. hmmm they should get on kickstarter.

i also decided to post a link to a flavorpill article about the ideal bookshelves of famous readers. the article is about the book "my ideal bookshelf" by thesslay la force and features adorable drawings of bookshelves. in the flavorpill article, james franco is featured. seriously can the boy be even more dreamier? he sat with marina abramović and loves "one hundred years of solitude" i mean can we say ideal man?!?! i mean the acting thing doesn't make me swoon but ho's art realm persona does. but back to the book, what a great idea? i might draw my ideal bookshelf for myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment