Wednesday, July 16, 2014

this is new york. m. sasek. (212)


i checked out this is new york to read with the girls i baby-sit.  i had found these random new york coloring fans at the goodwill and needed a book to go along with coloring the fans.  i decided upon this is new york.

this is new york was originally published in 1960 and this new edition was published in 2003.  the book shares the sights and sounds of new york back in the 1950's.  some things are outdated is the empire state building being the tallest building in new york, but thankful most has stayed the same. 

it's a delightful book that i recommend you check out if you love the big apple.  the illustrations are great!! one day i hope to take my future child to new york and share this book before the trip.

here are my favorite illustrations:

of course, times square!!

macy's!

trinity church which is the oldest church in nyc.  (on my to-do list.)


harlem.


park ave.  this reminded me of my friend ivan, last time i was in nyc, he took me on walking tour which included park ave and grand central terminal.  he explained to me that he wants the MetLife building torn down because it ruins this view.  i agree with him and this drawing just reinforces my support!

i love the water tanks!


the guggenheim.  which i have yet to go to!

but yes check out this book, it's a delight!



2 comments:

  1. Seriously, you've never been to the Guggenheim!?!? I was so sure you've been!
    /Juliana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i know! i am horrible! will change that on my next trip.

      Delete